National Juried Exhibition
January 5 – 31, 2019 | Deadline to enter 12pm November 28, 2018
Juried by Beverly Ryan
If you have entered a previous show on the ArtCall.org site, click on the "login" button, above, to log in to your account and you will be taken to the page that says "update user profile for this call" - check that your phone number is correct and then pay the $35 fee. Boxes will then pop up saying "Payment successful, a payment recipt was emailed to you" and "Registration successful, a confirmation was emailed to you. You may now submit your submissions." You will then be able to click on the orange "+ Add new submissions" button and upload your images. Be sure to check your spam folder for the confirmation emails. Before logging in, please scroll down to read full show prospectus, terms and conditions.
If this is your first time entering a show using this site, please view the tutorial at the very botton of this page. Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video. Per the video, you will be clicking on the "register" button, above, you will fill out your info to register and pay the $35 fee, and then you will be taken to a page where you may submit up to two images. Before registering, please scroll down to read full show prospectus, terms and conditions.
Signs of the Times
National Juried Exhibition
Gallery Clarendon in Arlington, VA seeks entries for a national juried art exhibition January 5 – 31, 2019. $500 in prizes awarded. For this exhibition artists working in all media are called to submit works that interpret and express signs of the times - real or imagined, literal or figurative, positive or negative; art that addresses, questions, protests, or celebrates our changing world. Submissions can range from traditional to conceptual, both 2-d and 3-d work.
C A L E N D A R:
Entry Deadline.....................................................12PM, Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Notifications to artists...........................................By Thursday, December 6, 2018
Receiving.............................................................9am-12pm, Friday, January 4, 2019 (Work may be shipped/delivered early)
Exhibit opens.......................................................Saturday, January 5, 2019
Reception, Awards Ceremony.............................5pm to 8pm, Friday, January 11, 2019
Exhibition closes..................................................7pm, Thursday, January 31, 2019
Artists pick up work..............................................9am to 12pm, Friday, February 1, 2019
Work shipped back to artists................................Week of February 4, 2019
T E R M S A N D C O N D I T I O N S:
1. A maximum of two entries per artist is permitted ($35 for up to two). Entry fee of $35 is not refundable for any reason.
2. One image (jpeg) per submission.
3. Any work previously accepted into an Arlington Artists Alliance juried show (includes Gallery Underground shows) will not be accepted.
4. All Works must be original, entirely the work of the Artist, and not based on or incorporating copyrighted work by another artist or photographer. This also applies to computer-generated and digital work.
5. No giclees, prints or other reproductions except photography and hand-pulled works will be accepted.
6. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 60 inches high and 48 inches wide nor weigh more than 50 lbs. 3D work may not exceed 6 feet on its longest side, and must weigh less than 75 lbs.
7. By entering artwork(s) in this show, Artist agrees that these works are currently available - not currently in any other show, on any online or other sales venues or otherwise unavailable to deliver to show if accepted. Artist agrees that any accepted work will be available to deliver by deadline specified and will be removed from any online sales venue until close of show.
8. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, change the sales price, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
9. All work must be for sale, priced at $100 and up. No work accepted and hung in show may be removed by artist until close of show. Work is considered consigned to Gallery Clarendon, who will be the exclusive seller of the work for the duration of the show.
10. All two-dimensional works on paper must be matted under glass or plexiglass.
11. Photographs printed on stretched canvas will not be accepted. Photographs framed under glass or plexiglass must be matted. Photos mounted on metal and photos under glass without a frame are acceptable and do not need a mat, as long as the backs are wired for hanging. Photographs should be signed, either on the mat or on the photo. Please email curators if you have any other method of displaying photography.
12. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
13. All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing. Framing standards will be sent upon acceptance of your work. Work not meeting these framing standards will not be hung.
14. Gallery Clarendon reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria enumerated here. $35 entry fee is not refundable in the event work is rejected for not meeting these criteria.
A C C E P T E D W O R K S:
Artworks will be hand delivered on January 4th, 2019 between 9AM and 11AM. Shipped works must be received by 11AM January 4th, 2019. Any work not received by 11AM Friday, January 4th 2019 will not be hung. Any work not picked up within 30 days from date of pickup (Friday, February 1, 2019) will become property of Gallery Clarendon.
N O T I F I C A T I ON:
Notification of accepted or non-accepted work will be via email as early as possible after deadline, but no later than Thursday December 6, 2018.
S A L E S:
Sales will be promoted. All work must be for sale, priced at $100 and up. Gallery Clarendon will retain a 30% commission on all sales (20% for current Arlington Artists Alliance members).
P U B L I C I T Y D I S C L A I M E R:
Gallery Clarendon reserves the right to use entry photographs for purposes of publicity, documentation and promotion.
L E G A L A G R E E M E N T:
Submission of entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with all of the conditions and terms contained in this prospectus. No work accepted into this agreement may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. All decisions of the Juror are final. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
A B O U T T H E J U R O R:
Beverly Ryan ‘s work currently includes painting, printmaking and sculpture. Her abstract and/or narrative oil paintings have been known for years. Recently, she has added metalworking and soft sculpture to her body of work. Ryan holds an MS from Columbia University and a BA from Franklin and Marshall College. She studied at the Corcoran College of Art and Design with William Christenberry, William Willis and Steve Cushner. She has had two artist residencies at The Vermont Studio Center and in 2016, participated in the Drawing Marathon with Graham Nickson at NYSS.
Ryan has shown locally, regionally and internationally. Her works have won numerous awards and are in private and corporate collections. Ryan’s most recent solo exhibit “Drone Zone” featured paintings, prints and sculpture as an installation at the Art League Gallery, Alexandria, VA. In this show she explored images of drone warfare, and her paintings referenced privacy issues as weaponized UAVs and facial recognition software become more ubiquitously present in today’s world.
Ryan teaches abstract painting, narrative painting and encaustic painting at The Art League School, Alexandria, VA. She has been a resident artist at the Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA, since 2001.
Her work can be seen at http://www.beverlyryan.com
Curators: Sandi Parker and Steena Fullmer
First time using this site? View the tutorial, below: Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video.